WHAT ARE COOKIES
Cookies are tiny files made up of code, text or small pieces of information that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device to improve your user experience of a website.
A cookie will usually contain the name of the website from which the cookie has come from, and the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e. how long the cookie will remain on your device).
Cookies may store information such as your browser preferences, language, location, or settings for a particular website.
For more detailed information on cookies please see: https://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/
If you use different devices to view and access website (e.g. your computer, smartphone, tablet etc) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
Be aware that disabling cookies may affect the functionality of this or other websites and may cause certain features not to be available, or to not function fully or as intended.
Cookies on this website may be used to compile statistics that allow us to understand how users interact with the website to help us improve the structure and content, and to better tailor the site to our visitors’ needs. Cookies may also be used to speed up your future activities and experience on the website such as at log-in or with previously set preferences.
COOKIES WE MAY SET
- Newsletters and subscription related cookies – cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing related cookies – cookies may be used to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process your order properly
- Surveys related cookies – from time to time we may offer surveys and questionnaires to provide you with interesting insights, helpful tools, or to understand our user base more accurately and cookies may be used to remember who has already taken part in a survey or to provide you with accurate results after you change pages.
- Forms related cookies – when you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence;
- Site preferences cookies – in order to provide you with a great experience on this site we may provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it and cookies may be used to remember that information so that it can be re-called whenever you interact with a page affected by your preferences.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
We may use third party software, apps or plugins to deliver content on this website. The following offers details on some third party cookies which you may encounter through this website:
- This site may use Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information please see Google Analytics
- Other third party analytics may be used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit, which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- We may use the Google AdSense service to serve advertising. This uses a DoubleClick cookie to offer more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that any given ad is shown to you. For more information on please see Google AdSense
- From time to time we may test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. Cookies may help us to test new features while ensuring you receive a consistent experience on the site and to ensure we understand which optimisations users appreciate most.
- Cookies may be used to understand statistics about how visitors to our site engage and/or make purchases, to monitor advertising and to ensure products at the best possible price.
- We may display advertisements for third-party products or services through affiliation. Adverts may be displayed as advertising links or banners and clicks on an icon or banner may be tracked by third-party cookies.
- This site may use social media buttons and plugins that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the social media sites will set cookies through our site to allow you to use your account. You may see their individual privacy and cookie policies on their websites –
Last updated May 2019