Like most website operators, we collect non-personally-identifying data of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type or language preference.
The purpose in collecting non-personally identifying data is for site administration, for us to better understand our visitors, their needs and their use of our website, and to maintain and improve our services, delivery and user experience.
We may also collect potentially personally-identifying data such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
Personally-identifying data may also be collected in order to allow us to provide a specific product or service that you have requested, usually on an opt-in basis. In such cases you are not obligated to provide any personal information, but by not doing so it may restrict your ability to receive the requested product or service.
For operational and maintenance purposes, this website and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this website (System logs).
HOW WE COLLECT DATA
We collect Data in ways including:
1. data given to us by you ;
- when you contact us through the website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when you enter a competition or promotion;
- when you make payments to us, through this website or otherwise;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services;
2. data received from other sources;
- from affiliates and marketing partners;
- from business support partners such as claims handlers, payment processors;
- from social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, others;
3. data collected automatically:
- usage and user data;
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect the following Data, which includes Personal Data:
- name or user name;
- contact information such as email addresses or telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as location, address or postcode;
- preferences and interests;
- usage data such as IP address, browser, URLs of referring site, site you exit to and activity on this Website.
Data which may include Personal Data is collected specifically for the following purposes and services:
- commercial affiliation – this type of service allows us to display advertisements and offer products from third-parties. Ads can be displayed as links or graphics banners. Clicks on the icon or banner are tracked by the third-party services and are shared with us. Personal Data collected: Cookies, Usage Data
- sign-up and contact form – for the purpose of supplying the user with information you have opted to receive, such as newsletters and promotions or replying to user queries. Data collected: – personal data, email address, name
- social media – most pages on this website contain links to social media sites to allow users to easily share content. When you click through to these sites, they may collect data about you. You may read the various privacy policies of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, to learn more about the data they each collect.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
To protect your Personal Data, we follow industry best practices. We use up-to-date and appropriate organizational, technical and administrative systems and software for data collection, storage, processing and security to ensure data is protected against unauthorised or unlawful access, disclosure or processing. Please note that no method of electronic storage or transmission over the internet is 100% secure. If you suspect any misuse or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
We will only keep your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected or in accordance with time limits stipulated by legal, tax or regulatory purposes and market practice, unless further retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or unless a specific time period has been communicated.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
WHO WE SHARE DATA WITH
We may share Data, including your Personal Data, with the following groups for the following reasons:
- third party service providers who help us operate our business and website, for example but not limited to – providers of IT systems, for analytics, to ensure the website runs smoothly
- third party payment providers who process payments made over the website
- if compelled to do so:
- under applicable law and to comply with legal processes;
- to respond to requests from appropriately authorised public and government authorities;
- to enforce our terms and conditions or a contract;
- to protect our operations, rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our directors, employees and business partners
From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, for example by publishing a report on trends in the usage of our website.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may exercise the following rights regarding your Personal Data:
- you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, where you have previously given consent, to the processing of your Personal Data
- you have the right to object to the processing of your Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent
- you have the right to access your Data and how it is being processed, which will be made available to you in electronic format and free of charge, unless the request is “excessive or manifestly unfounded”;
- you have the right to verify the accuracy of your Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected
- you have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your Data
- you have the right, under certain circumstances, to have your Data deleted or removed
- you have the right to have your Data transferred to another controller, which will be made available in a machine readable format, provided that the Data is processed by automated means and on your consent
- you have the right to lodge a complaint to your competent data protection authority.
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, under the requirement of an official authority, or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, you may object to such processing by providing relevant grounds to justify the objection. You can object to Personal Data being processed for direct marketing purposes at any time without providing any justification.
To exercise any of your rights as set out above, please contact us. Your requests will be addressed as early as possible and always within one month. For more information you can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at https://ico.org.uk
If you have signed up to receive newsletters, marketing material or other resources form us, you may opt-out at any time by following the unsubscribe feature in the communication you received from us or by contacting us indicating your desire to no longer receive certain or all content from us. We will endeavour to comply with your request as soon as possible.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16
We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, monitor and guide their children’s online activity. We do not knowingly collect any personal identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If you think that your child has provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best to promptly remove such information from our records.
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).
Last updated May 2019